Food Programme >
The Food Safety programme addresses microbial and chemical contaminants in the “farm to fork” food chain. It provides the science to underpin a total chain risk based approach to food safety.
The focus of the programme is on microbial pathogens and chemical contaminants in the Irish food supply. The objectives are to:
(1) Understand the transmission, behaviour, virulence potential of key and emergent microbial pathogens in Irish food
(2) Develop predictive microbial models and quantitative risk models which can be used to assess and manage microbial risk
(3) Develop novel controls for microbial pathogens
(4) Develop state of art methods to detect and monitor for chemical contaminants including residues from veterinary drugs, environmental contaminants and natural toxins in the food supply
(5) Develop quantitative risk models and exposure models for key chemical contaminants in the Irish food supply.
Collection home page